Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.Matthew 28:19-20
Purposes of the Mission Ministry
- It is our philosophy that every Christians should grow to be a committed missionary sharing Christ wherever Christ places as one’s own mission field.
- It is our duty to commission and sponsor specific individual Christians whom God has specifically called to strategic mission fields that require the commitment to go and reside in the specific mission field during the entire term of service in order to share the gospel, disciple local believers and build local churches. It is our philosophy to develop RHCBC brothers and sisters to be sent as such missionaries by the church as God’s specific calling unfolds in one’s life.
- It is our philosophy that every RHCBC Christians be a missionary supporter, supporting missionaries whom God have specifically called, and support of the corresponding missions ministry.
- It is our duty to support individual Christians whom God has called to be a full time missionary-supporter by working in church recognised missions agency bodies to mobilize, enable, send and support missionaries.
- It is our purpose to support Christian organizations that support, mobilize and enable missionaries and missions ministry.
Functions of The Mission Ministry
- Mission Ministry works together with the pastor who oversees the Ministry and a representative from Deacon Board to develop both short term and long term visions for Mission in RHCBC. Mission Ministry then must actively promote and share the visions and the needs of Mission in the church.
- Mission Ministry shall educate the congregation through various means so that the congregation shall have an ongoing awareness of current Mission emphasis in RHCBC.
- Mission Ministry shall be in contact with the missionaries of RHCBC on a regular basis to encourage communication between them and the congregation of RHCBC.
- Mission Ministry shall design and review policies and guidelines in the support of individual missionaries and Christian organizations, which include areas of basic requirements, support guidelines and selection procedures.
- Mission Ministry shall present an annual mission budget to the Executive Board of RHCBC outlining the proposed expenditures for approval in Members’ Meeting of RHCBC.